Saturday 14 June 2014

Shelly K's Block

Yay! I have completed my work on Shelly K's block for the Garden & Flowers DYB Round Robin. I am definitely catching up.

On Shelly's block I started with a SRE following the print in the centre patch, then I surrounded this with floss embroidery. A wonderful groundcover vine done in fly stitch with pink and dark red berries, purple Michaelmas daisies, Solomon's Seal, cast on buttonhole stitch roses, and tiny 3-bullion stitch tulips. I finished the block with a silver and crystal butterfly charm in the upper left corner. Each motif (except the daisies) has green in it, but each green is actually a different green from any of the others.
I hope Shelly is happy with the work, I quite enjoyed doing this one, and am very pleased with the way it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment